Echeng Echeng, in charge of the police in Anambra state, has paraded twenty (20) people arrested for various crimes.
Three men, Nwobodo Obumneme, Malachi Uzorchukwu, and Ifesinachi Ogechukwu, were among the suspects. They were said to have been arrested concerning the death of Mr. Osita Duruoha, who worked for the Independent National Electoral Commission in the state.
Obumneme, 26 years old, told reporters during Friday’s parade at State Force Headquarters Amawbia that the gang strangled Duruoha to get rid of him and his shuttle bus.
If you enjoy this story, please do not forget to check out our other news stories:
- Drunk soldier kills Nigerian Army General in Lagos
- The problem with Nigerian football
- Eden Hazard to Germany: Focus on football, shun protests
- US judge overturns migrant-blocking policy
- Nigerian Army sends 65 officers, troops to Mali
- Nkechi Nwaogu: Bola Tinubu is incoming Nigerian president
- FIFA supremo to remain in post for four more years
- Pere Egbi: Ghana’s Black Stars much better team than Super Eagles
- Malawi ex-leader’s stepson arrested over mass graves
- Dead body recovered in Lagos guesthouse
Before he was confirmed dead, Duruoha was reported missing in September 2022. His remains were found by the roadside in the Isuaniocha community in the state’s Awka North Local Government Area.
Obumneme admitted to the crime by saying, “We hired him to use his shuttle bus to take us to Urum from Ifite; our intention was to steal his bus, but later we had to strangle him to take the bus.”.
The Police Commissioner, Echeng, told reporters that suspects would be charged in court.
The CP said that the command and vigilantes in the state had also caught four people suspected of stealing or vandalizing electricity equipment.
The CP also said that on September 7, 2022, while on patrol, members of the police and the National Drug Law and Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) stopped Godwin Nwode, who lived on Obsoi Street in Fegge Onitsha. They searched his J5 bus and found some drugs, as well as pump action guns, one double gun, 25 live cartridges, 13 gun bags, and three cartridge bags.
The suspect admitted to the crime and made useful statements helping the police with their investigation. The suspect has been charged with the crime and is being held at a correctional center in Anambra State until his court date.
He said electricity cabals, pump action guns, and about ten vehicles, including a Venza jeep with Reg No. KRD 344 BT Lagos, used by ESN/IPOB militants to attack Army patrol officers at Isuiofia in Aguata L.G.A., where two Soldiers and four ESN/IPOB militants died in a gun battle, were found.
Echeng warned criminals in the state that they would be hunted down if they didn’t leave.
The head of the police department asked people to keep doing legal things and to tell law enforcement about any criminal activity in their area so that the proper steps could be taken.
Please check out some of our other recent news articles if you enjoyed this one:
- Zamfara 2023: APC commends court judgement nullifying PDP primaries
- Miyetti Allah: Why we’re supporting Bola Tinubu, Kashim Shettima
- Elon Musk: Twitter won’t restart paid verification until …
- Daniel Amokachi: Super Eagles do not deserve to be in Qatar
- North Korea threatens ‘all-out’ nuclear retaliation to US provocation
- Brazil’s Jair Bolsonaro challenges election loss to Lula da Silva.
- NDLEA nabs Saudi-bound widow with cocaine at Lagos airport
- Christy Uba named NYSC overseer
- UK Supreme Court rejects Scotland’s independence referendum bid
- Israel Adesanya released after airport metal knuckles arrest