A woman’s lifeless body has been found in one of the rooms at guest house in Igbogbo, Ikorodu, Lagos State, on Saturday, according to the management of the facility.
When contacted by newsmen, on Monday, SP Benjamin Hundeyin, the Lagos State police spokesman, confirmed the finding.
According to Hundeyin, the hotel boss in Ikorodu reported the incident to the authorities.
If you enjoy this story, please do not forget to check out our other news stories:
- Babachir Lawal playing ‘grass-cutter politics’ – Josef Onoh
- Obi Cubana denies Anambra road traffic violations contract
- Gernot Rohr: Amaju Pinnick ruined Nigeria’s World Cup chances
- Pep Guardiola signs Manchester City contract extension
- UK inflation reaches highest level in 41 years
- Anambra: Police arrest ‘killers’ of INEC staff
- Ekiti State House of Assembly speaker impeached
- EFCC to appeal Babachir Lawal’s fraud case dismissal
- North Korea threatens ‘all-out’ nuclear retaliation to US provocation
- NRC: Abuja-Kaduna railway shuttle not resuming soon
According to the manager’s report, the 46-year-old female guest arrived at the inn on a motorcycle on Friday, accompanied by a man named only as Alfa Sule.
A police official claimed that the innkeeper told them that an unidentified male named Alfa Sule had stayed at the inn with a woman named Muinat.
According to Hundeyin, on Saturday morning about 6 a.m., the manager checked on the rooms and came across the woman’s body, but Alfa Sule was nowhere to be seen.
The woman showed no signs of physical abuse, and the aforementioned Alfa Sule had vanished, having left behind just his Bajaj motorcycle.
“When the police went to the scene, they saw that the body had foam coming out of her nose.
“Photographs of the scene and body were taken before the corpse was removed and deposited at Ikorodu General Hospital morgue for autopsy,’’he claimed.
It’s being attempted to apprehend the evading Alfa Sule, and according to Hundeyin, the innkeeper is helping the police with their inquiry.
This case, he stated, would be sent to the State Criminal Investigation Department’s Homicide unit in Panti, Yaba.
Please check out some of our other recent news articles if you enjoyed this one:
- Nigerian soldier kills aid worker, injures UN pilot
- Nigerian government urged to abolish ‘state of origin’
- 2023: Court fines PRP candidate for late filing of documents
- Manchester United to sack Cristiano Ronaldo following interview
- Yemi Osinbajo begins three-day Canada state visit
- Southeast APC women back Bola Tinubu, list demands
- Gboyega Aribisogan emerges new Ekiti Assembly speaker
- Nigeria’s central bank raises interest rate to 16.5 per cent
- EFCC nabs 18 ‘internet scammers’ in Kwara
- Dead body recovered in Lagos guesthouse