Aishatu Binani has been reinstated as the governorship candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in Adamawa state by the Court of Appeal in Yola. The appeal court gave the judgement on Thursday.
The federal high court’s decision to invalidate the APC primary that elected Binani as the party’s nominee for governor of Adamawa was overturned by the appeals court.
In October, a federal judge ruled that the APC would not field a state candidate during the next 2023 election.
If you enjoy this story, please do not forget to check out our other news stories:
- 2023: Ex-SGF Babachir Lawal dumps Bola Tinubu, declares support for Atiku Abubakar
- Shehu Sani: Why gunmen are attacking INEC offices
- Ibijoke Sanwo-Olu: Political landscape tainted by hate rhetorics
- Bola Tinubu: Why I picked Kashim Shettima as VP candidate
- Babachir Lawal playing ‘grass-cutter politics’ – Josef Onoh
Please check out some of our other recent news articles if you enjoyed this one: