Professor Terhemba Dhija, a candidate for the governorship ticket of the All Progressives Congress in Benue State, filed a lawsuit against the Rev. Fr. Hycinth Alia. On Thursday evening, the Federal High Court in Makurdi dismissed the case.
According to the sitting judge, Justice Hassan Dikko, the case was without merit and was thereby dismissed.
The primary elections conducted by the party and monitored by INEC on June 27 and 28, 2022, were upheld by the court as being lawful.
If you enjoy this story, please do not forget to check out our other news stories:
- Ademola Adeleke fires 12,000 Osun workers, dethrones 3 kings
- Labour Party: Charles Soludo is envious of Peter Obi
- 2023: Yemi Osinbajo absent as APC kicks off presidential campaign
- INEC: Resuming voter registration ‘constitutionally impossible’
- PDP: Atiku Abubakar’s victory shortest route for Igbo presidency
The judge did rule, however, that the plaintiffs might file an appeal.
The governor’s aspirant went to court to challenge Rev. Fr. Hycinth Alia’s primary victory.
Please check out some of our other recent news articles if you enjoyed this one: