Abdullahi Umar Ganduje, the governor of Kano State, told the people of Kano State on Sunday that the general election in 2023 would be free and fair.
The governor said this when he spoke to the supporters of the All Progressive Congress (APC). They had set up a one million-man match to support Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, the party’s presidential candidate.
The governor says that the APC and other parties in the state agree that campaigns and elections should be free and fair.
If you enjoy this story, please do not forget to check out our other news stories:
- Cristiano Ronaldo becomes first player to score in five World Cups
- Charles Soludo threatens to take down politicians’ billboards over taxes
- Britain to ban non-consensual deepfake porn sharing
- Ahmed Tinubu: Why I don’t care about social media
- Court dismisses Nnamdi Kanu’s suit seeking N20bn from Nigerian government
- NACA: Majority of Nigerians with HIV on treatment
- NRC: Abuja-Kaduna railway shuttle not resuming soon
- Aston Villa set to bid for Samuel Chukwueze
- Austin Okocha: Cameroon lucky to lose to Switzerland by a single goal
- Isabel dos Santos unaware of Interpol arrest warrant – rep
The governor, happy to see so many people at the event, told Channels Television that the march has more than a million people and is on its way to five million.
“Looking at my face, you will know I am happy; my Deputy, the gubernatorial candidate, is happy, and even the people of Kano are happy.
“If you see the mammoth crowd for over one hour now we have been standing here, we have been taking the salute, we have been directing them to the main venue of the event for over one hour now, they are still passing, it’s more than one million march, we are heading to five million march,” Ganduje said.
People from all 44 of the state’s local government areas, including young people, women, and people with disabilities, gathered in the state capital to show their support for the APC presidential candidate.
The one million-man match started at the palace of the Emir, and the governor of Kano State met with thousands of supporters at the Government House Round About. The game continued until it was over at the racetrack in Nasarawa Local Government.
Please check out some of our other recent news articles if you enjoyed this one:
- Rio Ferdinand: Alejandro Garnacho has Cristiano Ronaldo vibes
- Anambra: Police arrest ‘killers’ of INEC staff
- Ghana to buy oil with gold, not dollars
- Hope Uzodinma blames ‘bad politics’ for killings in Imo
- 2023: Sokoto PRP collapses party structures, candidates join APC
- Oyo agency nabs civil servants, retirees over N4.8 billion fraud
- TikTok influencer banned over fake news about Kiki Osinbajo
- Israel Adesanya released after airport metal knuckles arrest
- Defamation: Natasha Akpoti drags Yahaya Bello, others to court
- DJ Cuppy gets engaged to British boxer