Prince Kassim Afegbua, a former Commissioner for Information in Edo state, said on Friday that Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, the presidential candidate of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC), will get most of the votes cast in the South-East region in the 2023 presidential election.
He said, however, that Atiku Abubakar, the presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), will only get 10% of the vote in the South East because everyone there has given up on him.
Afegbua, a firm believer in giving the presidency back to the South after President Muhammadu Buhari’s two terms, told reporters that Tinubu and Peter Obi, the Labour Party presidential candidate, will go head-to-head for votes in the South East.
If you enjoy this story, please do not forget to check out our other news stories:
- Obi Cubana denies Anambra road traffic violations contract
- INEC: Resuming voter registration ‘constitutionally impossible’
- Elon Musk insists Twitter employees adopt ‘hardcore’ culture or quit
- Malawi ex-leader’s stepson arrested over mass graves
- Cristiano Ronaldo becomes first player to score in five World Cups
- Babachir Lawal playing ‘grass-cutter politics’ – Josef Onoh
- UAE revokes FTX license amid the exchange collapse
- Austin Okocha: Cameroon lucky to lose to Switzerland by a single goal
- Kanye West announces 2024 presidential bid
- Nigeria to prosecute ‘rogue’ foreign vessel, crew
He said that the performance of Governors Dave Umahi and Hope Uzodinma would help APC get the most votes in Ebonyi and Imo states. At the same time, Tinubu and Obi will fight for votes in Enugu, Abia, and Anambra.
His words were, “Nigeria politics is based primarily on Political Parties and their stronghold. From my understanding of the inner workings of current politics, the APC will secure maximum votes in Ebonyi state because the Governor has done so well”.
” Asiwaju Tinubu will repeat the same feat in Imo state because Governor Hope Uzodinma has proved bookmakers wrong with his performance so far. In Enugu, Abia, and Anambra, it will be a neck-to-neck contest between Asiwaju and Obi.
” Atiku Abubakar is largely written off in the South East. Those PDP Governors who could have galvanized votes for Atiku have since abandoned him because of injustice. So, it will be a straight contest in the South East between Asiwaju and Obi. Don’t forget that the business owners also donated one billion naira to the Asiwaju campaign. That is an open endorsement that Asiwaju cherishes so much.
“The overall score will be Asiwaju 70%, Obi 20%, and Atiku 10% of the South East’s total voting strength. This election will be a straight sweep for the APC and Asiwaju”.
Festus Keyamo (SAN), Minister of State for Labor and Employment, and Director of Public Affairs and Spokesperson for the Tinubu/Shettima Presidential Campaign Council, agreed with Afegbua’s point of view. He said he is confident that the APC will do well in the South-East.
“With the infrastructural development the APC has done in the South East, and with the two serving Governors we have there, coupled with the support we enjoy from the other States, we should have some reasonable figures from there.”
Please check out some of our other recent news articles if you enjoyed this one:
- Nigerian president condoles with Sammie Okposo’s family
- Zamfara 2023: APC commends court judgement nullifying PDP primaries
- Dead body recovered in Lagos guesthouse
- Iran arrests popular footballer for supporting protest
- Bode George: Why Nyesom Wike, other aggrieved PDP governors met in Lagos
- Morgan Freeman criticized for Qatar World Cup ceremony
- Pep Guardiola signs Manchester City contract extension
- World’s oldest student passes away at 99 in Kenya
- Ex-Enugu commissioner, brother shot dead by gunmen
- Nigeria’s central bank raises interest rate to 16.5 per cent