The governor of Sokoto state, Aminu Waziri Tambuwal, has ordered the state civil service to hire 1,000 graduates to solve the state’s shortage of competent labor.
On Monday, the governor swore in twenty newly appointed permanent secretaries to improve service delivery to state residents.
This is stated in a press release signed by the governor’s special adviser on media and publicity, Muhammad Bello, and distributed to news outlets in the state on Tuesday.
If you enjoy this story, please do not forget to check out our other news stories:
- Deji Doherty: PDP can fix its mistakes if Atiku Abubakar is elected
- Nigeria Immigration cautions nationals against irregular migration
- Police burst terrorist operation, rescue seven victims in Zamfara
- Yemi Osinbajo begins three-day Canada state visit
- UN panel accuses South Sudan officials of gang rapes
According to the statement, while addressing the new appointees in the council chamber of the government house in Sokoto, Tambuwal urged the Head of Service to work with the state Teachers Service Board and the ministry of basic education to integrate teachers into the state civil service.
He stated that 60% of those to be hired would be teachers, while the remaining 40% would be absorbed into the civil service administration pool.
Recall that the governor ordered the establishment of a public service institute last month to strengthen the state’s bureaucracy.
Reiterating that the recruitment of additional civil officials is motivated by the need to inject more personnel into the system, give employment to the youngsters, and inject new blood into the system, he praised the new permanent secretaries for their dedication, diligence, and loyalty to the state.
The governor, however, urged them to maintain their reputation for hard work and dedication and requested that the Head of Service prepare a retreat for them.
Please check out some of our other recent news articles if you enjoyed this one: