During an interview with Piers Morgan, Cristiano Ronaldo addressed the emotional toll of losing his newborn son earlier this year.
The April death, according to the Manchester United star, was one of the most terrible periods of his life.
Ronaldo and his girlfriend Georgina Rodriguez were expecting twins, but just one survived. They described the occurrence as the “greatest pain that any parents can feel.”
If you enjoy this story, please do not forget to check out our other news stories:
- Christy Uba named NYSC overseer
- CBN: Nigeria’s president to unveil new naira notes November 23
- Britain: We’ll assist Nigeria to deliver credible 2023 polls
- Bayelsa governor confirms receipt of 13% derivation funds
- Ghana disowns Abuja travel advisory
- Ekiti State House of Assembly speaker impeached
- Restructuring: APC deceived Nigerians in 2015 – Atiku Abubakar
- Brazil: Jair Bolsonaro’s election challenge rejected by electoral court
- Deji Doherty: PDP can fix its mistakes if Atiku Abubakar is elected
- Daniel Amokachi: Amaju Pinnick to blame for Super Eagles failure to be in Qatar
Ronaldo stated on Piers Morgan Uncensored, “It’s probably the worst moment that I’ve passed through in my life since my father died.” “When you have a kid, you expect everything to be normal, and when you have that problem, it’s hard as a human being as I am. Me and Georgina [Rodriguez], we had quite a difficult moment because we don’t understand why this happened to us. It was challenging. Very, very difficult to understand what is going on in that period of our life. The football carries on.
“It’s crazy. I’ve never felt happy and sad in the same moment. It’s hard to explain. So difficult. You don’t know whether you cry or smile. You don’t know what to do, to be honest.”
Ronaldo revealed the death of his son on Instagram and took time away from his team to grieve during the difficult moment.
Ronaldo and Rodriguez tweeted on April 18: “It is with our deepest sadness we have to announce that our baby boy has passed away,”
“It is the greatest pain that any parent can feel. “Only the birth of our baby girl gives us the strength to live this moment with some hope and happiness. We would like to thank the doctors and nurses for all their expert care and support.
“We are all devastated at this loss, and we kindly ask for privacy at this very difficult time. Our baby boy, you are our angel. We will always love you.”
Please check out some of our other recent news articles if you enjoyed this one:
- Iran arrests popular footballer for supporting protest
- 2023: Sokoto PRP collapses party structures, candidates join APC
- Nnamdi Kanu sues Nigerian intelligence czar, demands N20 billion compensation
- Asamoah Gyan: Cristiano Ronaldo’s penalty vs Ghana soft
- Budweiser to ask FIFA for 45 million after alcohol ban in Qatar
- R. Kelly’s ex-manager jailed for stalking victims
- Lionel Scaloni: Argentina players ‘all in pain’ after Saudi Arabia upset
- INEC: Resuming voter registration ‘constitutionally impossible’
- Ex-Enugu commissioner, brother shot dead by gunmen
- Nigerian minister explains why government re-introduced history at elementary level