Daniel Amokachi, a former Nigerian forward, says that the Nigeria Football Federation hired the wrong coaches and picked the wrong players for the Super Eagles (NFF).
He said this after the team had a bad game against Portugal in a friendly international match, in which the Super Eagles lost 4-0.
In an interview with Channels TV on Sunday, the former Everton star said that it’s too soon to let the current Super Eagles coach, Jose Peseiro, go and that he should be given help wherever he needs it.
If you enjoy this story, please do not forget to check out our other news stories:
- DMO: Nigeria has total domestic debt of N3.685 trillion
- Kevin Spacey faces more sexual assault charges in UK
- Morgan Freeman criticized for Qatar World Cup ceremony
- 27-year-old housewife kills husband over sex
- Aston Villa set to bid for Samuel Chukwueze
- Ohanaeze denies dragging Charles Soludo to Igbo deities
- Hope Uzodinma blames ‘bad politics’ for killings in Imo
- US top envoy faults FIFA LGBTQ armband ban
- 2023: INEC releases guidelines for political campaigns, party expenses
- Tornado Cash developer to stay detained until next year’s hearing
Amokachi also said that the coaches should look inward and pick people from the area to be on the team. He said that this has worked for the team in the past.
“The Portugal game shows that we don’t even deserve to be there (World Cup),” he said.
“There are two three different angles that you have to look at, bringing in the right coach, bringing in the right players, and getting the right environment to play at.
“We always bring the wrong coaches to handle a country like Nigeria; we always bring the wrong players,” Amokachi said during a Channels Television show on Sunday.
Please check out some of our other recent news articles if you enjoyed this one:
- NDLEA nabs Saudi-bound widow with cocaine at Lagos airport
- Nigeria’s pioneer surveyor-general, Daniel Omoigui, passes away
- Nnamdi Kanu sues Nigerian intelligence czar, demands N20 billion compensation
- Nigeria to prosecute ‘rogue’ foreign vessel, crew
- Anambra governor denies getting $28 million to blackmail Peter Obi
- CNPP wants presidential, governorship debates legalised
- Manchester United wants Cristiano Ronaldo out
- Roberto Mancini: Italy deserved automatic spot at Qatar World Cup
- Khalifa Sanusi endorses Uba Sani for Kaduna governor
- Ghana disowns Abuja travel advisory