Mutiu Adepoju, a former midfielder for Nigeria and Real Sociedad, has shared his thoughts on the Super Eagles’ humiliating loss to Portugal.
In a friendly match played before the FIFA World Cup on Thursday, the Super Eagles were defeated by the Selecao das Quinas by a score of 4-0.
According to Adepoju, the players did not have the desire to win the game from the moment the referee blew the first whistle.
If you enjoy this story, please do not forget to check out our other news stories:
Bruno Fernandes, Goncalo Ramos, and Joao Mario scored for Portugal, which ensured their spot as hosts of the 2018 World Cup despite the absence of Ronaldo, who was out of the match.
When Adepoju was asked about the performance of Peseiro’s Super Eagles, he said, “The game was not exciting at all. They lacked the will to win the game from the start.”
Please check out some of our other recent news articles if you enjoyed this one:
- FIFA supremo to remain in post for four more years
- Mutiu Adepoju: Super Eagles lack the desire to win.
- Daniel Amokachi: Amaju Pinnick to blame for Super Eagles failure to be in Qatar
- Cristiano Ronaldo becomes first player to score in five World Cups
- Riots hit Belgium, Netherlands after Morocco victory in Qatar